Thursday 31 March 2005

Grilled Salmon Teriyaki

Boredom is the mother of variation - that's according to me. ;) We love grilled salmon but so far we only do it one way. And I'm ready to give a go on some other flavours. Years ago I did a grilled salmon recipe that involves putting some kind of gremolata on top with lots of garlic, pesto, and I think sun-dried tomatoes. It was fab! Unfortunately I've lost my copy so my search is on for that award-winning recipe. Meanwhile, last night I have to prepare my meal in a hurry. Here comes Delia Smith's recipe of Teriyaki Salmon to the rescue though I have to change the measurement of practically every ingredient. But it's very simple and easy to make with the salmon coming out very nice golden brown. Yum!


Teriyaki Grilled Salmon

500 g  salmon fillets
1/2 Tbsp minced garlic
1 Tbsp grated ginger
1/4 cup soy sauce
1/4 cup rice wine
2 tsp sugar
  1. Mix all ingredients, except the salmon, in a shallow dish. Marinate salmon in this concoction for 1-2 hours in the fridge turning it once in a while.
  2. Preheat oven grill to the highest setting for 10 minutes.
  3. Spread a little oil on the grilling pan to be used and put under the grill until hot.
  4. Place salmon fillets skin side down on the pan and position about 3 inches under the grill. Cook for about 7-8 minutes. Dish up and serve.

No comments: