225 g plain flour
175 g caster sugar
10 ml [2 tsp] baking powder
5 ml [1 tsp] fine salt
175 ml [scant 3/4 cup] whole milk
2 eggs - beaten
15 ml [1 Tbsp] melted butter or olive oil or cooking oil
5 ml [1 tsp] vanilla extract
extra icing or caster sugar for dusting
- Preheat oven to 160°C/140°C fan/325°F. Lightly brush the doughnut cups in the pan with cooking oil making sure that the centre stem is well covered by the oil.
- Sift the flour, caster sugar, baking powder, and salt into a large bowl.
- In another bowl, whisk the milk, eggs, oil, and vanilla together.
- Add the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients mixing thoroughly.
- Fill each doughnut cups around 3/4 cups full with the batter.
- Bake for about 8 minutes or until firm and springy to the touch.
- Remove from pan and cool slightly. Dust with sifted icing sugar or caster sugar.