I got this from bonus recipe card from the BBC FoodFood magazine years ago. We paired it with sweet English strawberries which are very much in season today. I only ever buy English strawberries and only when it is in season which is around late May to August.
This is a baked cheesecake compared to some of my other cheesecake here in this blog which required no baking. Maybe later I would try baking this in a waterbath.
White Chocolate Cheesecake
12 chocolate digestives (or graham crackers)
85 g [1/3 cup] butter - melted
2 tsp cocoa powder
1 Tbsp caster sugar (superfine)
900 g cream cheese (room temperature)
3 Tbsp plain flour
200 g [scant 1 cup] caster sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
100 g white chocolate - finely grated
2-3 chocolate flakes (optional)
icing sugar (optional)
- Preheat oven to 180°C/fan 160°C/350°F. Grease and line the bottom of a 23 cm/9-inch springform pan.
- Crush the digestives by putting it in a plastic bag and then bashing it with a mallet or rolling pin.
- Mix the crushed biscuits with the rest of the base ingredients. Pour this in the prepared pan. Press the mixture with the back of a spoon to cover the bottom of the pan.
- Bake in the oven for 5 minutes. Remove from oven and cool.
- In a big bowl, combine all the filling ingredients with an electric mixer until well combined. Pour mixture on top of the biscuit base in the pan.
- Bake for 50 minutes until almost firm but with a slight wobble in the middle.
- Remove from oven and cool completely in the pan.
- To serve, remove the cheesecake from the cake pan.
- [Optional] Dust the cheesecake with icing sugar. Break a few pieces of the chocolate flakes on top.