This is from the The Genuine American Cookie & Muffin Book by Peter Shaffer.
Peachy Yoghurt Muffin
225 g [8 oz] plain flour
115 g [4 oz] wholemeal plain flour
1 Tbsp baking powder
1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda (baking soda)
1/2 tsp fine salt
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
2 large eggs - beaten
240 ml plain natural yoghurt or sour cream
85 g butter - melted
3 Tbsp honey
85 g dark brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla
175 g fresh or canned ripe peaches - peeled (or drained) and chopped
- Preheat oven to 200°C/fan 180°C/400°F/Gas Mark 6. Prepare a 12 cup muffin pan (2 1/2-inch holes) by lining 10 or 11 of the cups with paper liners.
- Mix all dry ingredients in a bowl (flour, wholemeal flour, baking powder, bicarbonate of soda, salt, and ground cinnamon).
- In another bowl mix eggs, yoghurt, butter, honey, brown sugar, and vanilla. Add in the peaches and mix.
- Gradually fold wet ingredients into the dry ingredients. Fold in with a large wooden spoon or rubber spatula until combined. Do not over mix.
- Spoon batter into 10 (or 11) of the 12 prepared muffin cups up. Fill each cup up to 3/4 full. Fill remaining empty cups half full with water to avoid burning the muffin pan and give moisture while baking.
- Sprinkle tops with granulated sugar and bake for 18 to 20 minutes or until tops spring back when gently touched. Do not overbake. Allow to stand for 2 minutes, turn out on wire rack or plate to cool.