1 kg pork shoulder - cut into thick julienne
1 1/2 Tbsp oil
1/4 cup soy sauce
2 Tbsp lemon juice
1 Tbsp garlic - minced
1/2 cup chopped onion
1 cup chopped tomatoes
1/2 cup chopped chorizo (optional)
500 g passata (tomato sauce)
1 Tbsp soy sauce (optional)
1 Tbsp double concentrated tomato puree (tomato paste)
1/2 cup water
250 g pork or chicken liver - cut into thick julienne
salt to taste
1/2 cup grated cheddar cheese
2/3 cup raisins
500 g potatoes - julienned like French fries
- Cut the pork and liver separately into long and thin pieces about 1-2 inches long and about 1/4 - 1/2 inches wide.
- Combine the 1/4 cup soy sauce and lemon juice in a bowl. Taste and add more lemon or soy sauce according to preference. Marinate the pork in this mixture for at least 2-3 hours.
- In a large pot, heat the oil and saute the garlic, onion, then tomatoes. Add some salt.
- Add the pork including the marinade. Cook for a minute then cover the pot and simmer for about 5 minutes.
- Add the chorizo, passata, tomato puree, soy sauce (if using) and water. Bring to boil then simmer until meat is tender.
- While it's cooking, deep fry the potatoes. Set aside.
- Add the liver to the pot, cook for about 5 minutes.
- Add the raisins, cook for 3 minutes.
- Add the grated cheese and half of the potatoes. Cook for a further 2-3 minutes or until cheese is melted and well incorporated in the sauce.
- Remove from heat. Ladle into serving bowls and scatter some of the remaining potatoes on top.