Devonshire Honey Cake
225 g unsalted butter
250 g honey
100 g dark muscovado sugar
3 large eggs - beaten
300 g [2 1/4 cups] self-raising flour
2 Tbsp honey for glazing
- Preheat oven to 160°C/fan 140°C/300°F/gas mark 4. Grease and line a 20 cm/8-in round loose-bottomed baking pan.
- Melt butter, honey, and sugar slowly in a saucepan. Boil for one minute. Leave to cool.
- Beat in eggs one at a time in the saucepan.
- Add in the flour; mix well.
- Pour into the pan and bake for 50 minutes or until cake is golden brown and spring back when pressed.
- Turn out the cake onto a wire rack. Warm 2 Tbsp honey in a small saucepan and brush over the top of the cake to glaze. Leave to cool.