Wednesday 15 June 2005

Thai Sweet Chilli Crisps

A comment in one of my snack posts last month reminded me of my most favourite crisps (that's potato chips for Pinoys and 'Merkins) and dip combination. It's been about 6 months since I last had these so I don't think anyone would mind if I have one now, would you? ;)

Thai Sweet Chilli crisps from Walkers was already my favourite when it first came out a few years ago. But I discovered that when you paired with a sour cream and chives dip it was out of this world. Labeeeett!! It had the right blend of sweetish very mild spicy hot flavour with the usual excellent crunch of crisps that Walkers does well. Once you dip it in that sour cream concoction the spiciness of the crisps is countered by the bland coolness of the dip that gives an ever so slight sweetness to the combination. Oh, so heavenly ... hmmm, hmmmm, hmmm!

I could finish one whole big bag of this in one sitting but only with the sour cream dip. I've always loved contrasts in food. Something about the balancing of flavours and textures appeals to me. How about you? What's your favourite crisps or potato chips combo?

No comments: