There are many ways to serve it: as cold cuts; lightly pan fried whole then sliced; or sliced then lightly pan fry the pieces. The usual dip accompanying this is ketchup, sweet chilli sauce, or any sweet and sour sauce. Enjoy!
1 kg minced pork
1 cup chopped vienna sausage or Spam or hotdogs
1/2 cup sweet pickle relish
1 x 85 gm liver spread or 1/4 cup coarse pate
1/2 cup raisins - coarsely chopped
1/2 cup chopped red bell pepper
2 tsp sea salt
freshly ground pepper
1 cup shredded cheese (optional)
3 - 4 Tbsp flour
2 chorizos - quartered lengthwise (optional)
2 hard boiled eggs - cut into 6 lengthwise (optional)
- Beat eggs; add salt and pepper, making sure the salt is mostly dissolved in the eggs.
- Add in all the other ingredients except chorizos and hard boiled eggs; mix well.
- Take a piece of aluminum foil about 10 - 12 inches in length. Lay it on a flat surface and put about 1 cup of the mixture on it. Form the mixture into a long narrow shape and put chorizos and the hard boiled egg along the length in the middle. Shape it into a log making sure that the chorizos and the hard boiled eggs are in the middle. Roll the log like a jelly roll all the while wrapping it in the foil. Pinch and twist the ends to secure.
- Arrange in a steamer and steam for 1 hour.
- Remove foil and serve while warm or as cold cuts. Can also be served by pan frying lightly then slicing or slicing first then pan frying lightly. Serve with ketchup or sweet and sour sauce.
Note: The chorizo and hardboiled egg in the middle is entirely optional.