Look, a yummy cookie recipe with only 5 ingredients! How's that for simplicity? I was trying to find a cookie recipe that would include M&M chocolates instead of the usual chocolate chips. The allrecipes website turned up with this gem of a recipe that not only is simple to make but is scrumptiously delicious, too. Plus, it does not use eggs so perfect for those with egg allergies. It was a definite thumbs up from the kids. We did change the volume, however, as in cut it in half since we don't really need that much cookies.
Mini M&M Cookies
250 g butter - softened to room temperature
125 g caster sugar (superfine)
200 g condensed milk (half of a 397 g can)
312 g self-raising flour - sifted
250 g chocolate M&Ms
- Preheat oven to 180°C/fan 160°C/350°F. Grease baking trays.
- Beat together butter, sugar and condensed milk until light and creamy.
- Add flour and mix until well combined.
- Stir in the M&Ms with a wooden spoon and mix well.
- Roll tablespoonfuls of the mixture into balls (about 3/4 inch in diameter).
- Place on prepared trays and flatten slightly with a fork.
- Bake for 11-12 minutes or until lightly golden.
- Cool in the tray for 5 minutes then remove and transfer to wire racks to cool completely.