Carpaccio of Courgette
500 gm courgettes (zucchini)
parmesan or pecorino shavings
parsley - finely chopped
*For the dressing:
1/3 cup of olive oil
3 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
1 clove garlic - crushed or finely minced
1 Tbsp capers (optional)
1 tsp wholegrain mustard
1 tsp honey
salt & milled black pepper to taste
- Wash and dry the courgettes. Using a sharp vegetable peeler, slice/shave the courgette lengthwise into ribbons.
- Mix all ingredients for the dressing together by whisking in a bowl or shaking in a jar. Pour over the courgette ribbons. Stir and mix carefully. Arrange on a platter.
- Refrigerate for an hour or two to allow the flavours to develop.
- When ready to serve, top with shavings of parmesan and sprinkle with the chopped parsley.
- Serve with good bread to mop up the dressing.