It's been awhile and this summer cake is just waiting to be posted. This is a simple and tasty way of serving up your superfood blueberries. Superbly complimented by that cream cheese-sour cream combination topping for the icing. Lovely eaten with hot or cold tea. Sorry I couldn't remember where I got this recipe but I will surely do the attribution once I find my missing notes.
175 gm butter - room temperature
175 gm caster sugar
225 gm self-raising flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/4 cup sour cream
375 gm fresh blueberries
200 gm cream cheese - room temperature
100 gm icing sugar - sifted
3 Tbsp sour cream
- Preheat oven to 180C/160C fan/350F. Grease and line an 8-inch/20cm round cake pan.
- Mix the dry ingredients - flour and baking powder and set aside.
- Cream butter and caster sugar in a bowl.
- Add eggs one at a time and beat well after each addition.
- Add in the sour cream and beat until combined.
- Using a wooden spoon fold the dry ingredients in the batter.
- Then fold in the fresh blueberries.
- Pour in the prepared pan and bake for about 50 minutes or until a stick poked in the middle comes out clean.
- Cool in the pan for 5-10 minutes. Remove and cool completely on a rack.
- Spread frosting on top and sides.
- While the cake is baking, beat the cream cheese, sour cream and icing sugar together until well combined.